Monday, September 15, 2008

AHH the good things


I, at first, wasn't going to write about this experience but, Lance Haun's post motivated me to be a little sappy. Please read his post because with so many jerk husbands out there it is nice for the good guys to get some press.

Tonight I pulled myself away from the blogosphere for a little bit to put my young son to bed. As I talked to him and played with him doing the pre "nite nite" routine I was surprised how happy I was just changing a diaper and exchanging funny looks with him. As I put him to bed and he continued to smile up at me waiting for the blanket I would eventually drape over him in the final ritual, I admit I got a little misty eyed. It is the simple things that make my life great. So fellow bloggers and internet addicts, unplug a bit, turn off your phone, I am sure there are people waiting for you to come join them. God bless you all.

1 comment:

Lance said...

This is a great post Dan. Thanks for sharing and glad I could inspire a bit :)