Monday, October 6, 2008

Development Obsession

I have been absolutely submerging myself in development and training literature for the past few days. I am wondering if I am getting a little obsessive about this program I am creating. Today I created a draft leadership competency model for my organization and began to create a developmental model using a mix of 360 degree feedback, goal setting, mentoring, and classroom curriculum. Right now, I think I am at the point where I can shop this for input from various leaders. Then it is just a matter of figuring out how to sell this thing.

Part of me is wondering if I am getting too into the details. I am so new to the organization that I don't feel like I can create those lines that get specific decision makers ears perked up. I also need to re look at the proposal and decide what the most important parts are to include in some sort of future presentation to the executive team. That is all after I see if it is even feasible for the local community college to get involved as facilitators of the classroom part of the curriculum. If you have any questions about my whole process at this point let me know. I might post the whole plan once it is complete just for kicks.

2 comments:

dannielo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
HRchick said...

I recently completed almost the very same project you are working on. I completed this by conducting 360's on over 40 managers, reviewing previous evaluations, analyzing the data, completing a SWOT (strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats) analyis. With this information, I worked with each manager's director and the Officer to develop individualized development plans for the leadership.
I recgonize the undertaking which you have on your plate and wish you luck and success!
Lisa
HRChick